- About WIP
- Participating Entities
- Animas-La Plata Water Conservancy District
- Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority
- Empire Electric Association
- Florida Water Conservancy District
- Harris Water Engineering
- High Desert Conservation District
- Dolores Water Conservancy District
- La Plata Archuleta Water District
- La Plata Electric Association
- La Plata Water Conservancy District
- La Plata West Water Authority
- Mancos Conservation District
- Mancos Water Conservancy District
- Montezuma Valley Irrigation Company
- Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District (PAWSD)
- Pine River Irrigation District
- San Juan Water Conservancy District
- Southwestern Water Conservation District
- Town of Silverton
- Town of Telluride
- Regional Water Projects
- Animas-La Plata Project (Lake Nighthorse)
- Animas River Stakeholders
- Cloud Seeding Program
- Dolores Project (McPhee Reservoir)
- Dry Gulch Reservoir (Pending)
- Florida Project (Lemon Reservoir)
- Mancos Project (Jackson Gulch Reservoir)
- Long Hollow Reservoir
- Pine River Project (Vallecito Reservoir)
- Rio Blanco Restoration Project
- River Protection Work Group
- Water Information
- Contact WIP
Home Page Announcements
Click here to read the newest edition of the Water Info Program Newsletter!
SWCD invites interested individuals and firms to submit a statement of qualifications to provide professional services for coordination of the Water Information Program. Submittals will be accepted via email ([email protected]) until 5:00pm, Monday, December 19, 2016.
Water 101 was a hit this year, with at least 75 people in attendance for a full day at the La Plata County Fairgrounds. Retired Colorado Supreme Court Justice Greg Hobbs was the keynote speaker, accompanied by many federal, state, and local entity speakers who described their role in water management. The pilot Water 202 was also well-received!
See Jeff Lukas' explanation of Colorado water in a clever, Seuss-Like video.
The San Juan Citizen's Alliance is looking to hire a full-time Animas River Campaign Coordinator. Application deadlien is 10/31/16. Visit their website for a full job description.
Check out the latest WIP newsletter for events, news, and updates (plus our cartoon)!
Public comments are being taken for the BLM’s Uncompahgre Resource Management Plan (RMP). The plan covers 675,000 surface acres within the Uncompahgre Planning Area.
***VIDEO & June 22-23rd Forests-to-Faucets Teacher Training Workshop on the Animas River a Huge Success!***
The 5th Annual Forests-to-Faucets Teacher Training Workshop was a huge success! It was conducted June 22-23, 2016, once again back on the Animas and Florida Rivers. The Water Information Program cosponsored the workshop with Fort Lewis College, Mountain Studies Institute, and San Juan Mountains Association. In addition, it was generously funded through a grant with the Southwestern Water Conservation District. The training session filled to capacity with 16 participants/teachers, as well as 6 facilitators, and numerous guest experts and speakers.
Check out a short, new video on Where Durango's Drinking Water Comes From produced by the City of Durango's Water Utilities Department!