- About WIP
- Participating Entities
- Animas-La Plata Water Conservancy District
- City of Durango Water Commission
- Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority
- Dolores Water Conservancy District
- Florida Water Conservancy District
- La Plata Electric Association
- La Plata Water Conservancy District
- Mancos Conservation District
- Mancos Water Conservancy District
- Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District (PAWSD)
- Pine River Irrigation District
- San Juan Water Conservancy District
- Southwestern Water Conservation District
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- Regional Water Projects
- Animas River Stakeholders
- Animas-La Plata Project
- Cloud Seeding Program
- Dolores Project (McPhee Reservoir)
- Dry Gulch Reservoir (Pending)
- Florida Project (Lemon Reservoir)
- Jackson Gulch Reservoir
- Long Hollow Reservoir
- Pine River Project (Vallecito Reservoir)
- Rio Blanco Restoration Project
- River Protection Work Group
- UMETCO (Urivan) Water Rights
- Water Information
- Contact WIP
- Colorado, Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, Water Quality, Oil and Gas Development
The following provides a listing of water related jobs:
The Southwestern Water Conservation District (SWCD) will be hosting a Weather Modification Workshop on May 30, 2013 at the Durango Community Recreation Center. From 9:30 am to 11:30 am there will be a work session for participating entities to review the 2012-2013 season and discuss plans for 2013-2014.
The Spring 2013 Water Information Program newsletter is now available.
On March 29, 2013 Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced that USDA is seeking applications to provide assistance to agricultural producers and rural small businesses for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
Weather watchers are needed to help Colorado State monitor the ongoing drought and longer-term climate conditions, the university stated Thursday. The Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network, known as CoCoRaHS, is hoping to have at least one person per square mile recording observations along the Front Range, and as many as possible elsewhere in the state.
Farmers consume nearly 90 percent of Colorado's water, and Colorado State University is offering ways for them to use it more efficiently. A grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to CSU's Center for Agricultural Energy will pay for reduced-cost irrigation efficiency audits for growers with center pivot systems.
The fourth quarter 2012 WIP newsletter is now available and Happy New Year!
June 26-27, 2013 Forests-to-Faucets Teacher Training Workshop (Pagosa Springs, CO) Deadline is May 25th! Space is limited--sign up soon!!
The Water Infomation Program, in conjunction with the Mountain Studies Institute and the San Juan Mountains Association will be conducting a Forests-to-Faucets Teacher Training Workshop on The June 26-27, 2013 in Pagosa Springs, CO. The training qualifies for 1 continuing education credit from Adams State College. For more information call (970) 247-1302.
The following provides legislative updates for the upcoming 2013 session. In addition, 2012 updates are listed for information and reference. The Board of the Southwestern Water Conservation District provides this as a service to those interested in water related legislation. We hope that you find the updates beneficial.